|Lice Shield Shampoo & conditioner in 1, Leave in Spray, and a sticker|
|Random goodies for the kids|
|Some more stuff for my kids.|
1. Poor Hygiene is not associated with catching head lice. Head lice can be described as an "equal opportunity" parasite.
2. Head lice don't fly, jump, or swim. Direct contact from head to head is how they are normally transferred. (unfortunately in my case, I got them from my daughters head. She also shared her head lice with her brother....this is something I wish she wouldn't have shared.)
3. Head lice can't survive long off of the scalp. So it is unlikely to catch them from clothing or hats. (possible but highly unlikely.)
4. You are just as likely to catch head lice if you have short hair.
5. Head lice can only be caught from humans, your pets can't pass it on.
6. Itching is not always a sign of head lice. Only around 30% of people have itching caused by head lice. Those who have the itching have an allergy to the lice which is what causes the itch.
This product is designed to be used when you suspect exposure to head lice. This might be after treating a family member for head lice or when your child brings home a school note warning about a lice infestation.
Both of the lice shield protects that we were sent are safe enough to use on a daily basis. However neither product is intended to treat an infestation. If you do have an infestation be sure to pick up the appropriate anti-lice agents.
I only wish we had received these products before the outbreak began in my daughters classroom. That said, I did just receive another lice warning from the school. I'm glad I have the shampoo and spray around to help me prevent my family from getting it again.
The products uses essential oils of citronella, geraniol, rosemary and lemongrass. They are also formulated to be gentle to a child's hair and skin. This is a product that the whole family can use.
I'm not used to the fragrance of the essential oils. To me the smell isn't that pleasing. However, it isn't that bad either. I'd much rather deal with the little bit of a dislike for the smell and no lice than have to deal with removing head lice from my whole family.
The shampoo is easy to use, but my favorite item is the leave in spray. Our family is busy, and some days we might not take a shower or bath. I still want to protect my family from lice. Thankfully I can just spray there heads and comb. The spray works nicely for getting out any tangles that my daughter has. It leaves her hair nice and smooth.
Lice shield has a facebook app that will notify you if lice has been spotted in your area. Be sure to check out Lice watch.
Lice shield has also agreed to give 5 winners some Lice Shield products.
Please like Lice Shield on facebook and twitter and then enter to win your own.
a Rafflecopter giveaway